Monday, February 10, 2014

Life Book 2014 - Spray Ink Love

Life Book 2014 - Ink Spray Love 

Six weeks of 2014 have already flown by!  I remember thinking how awesome it was that I had 6 whole weeks to do nothing but paint and play and now I have two more weeks and I am back to school!

This week's lesson was with Tamara LaPorte where she showed us how to do a side profile potrait and taught us some new techniques with ink sprays.   My ink play didn't turn out how I wanted it to, but I am happy with the effect that I got.

I loved the portrait style.  I was surprised at how quickly I was able to put my brush down and feel like she was finished.  Although Tamara spent a lot more time to achieve a stronger sense of shadow and highlights, I was content with the very minimal, soft effect that I created after very few brush strokes.  I also love how the speckles of the ink spray have come through to look like freckles!

In her hair is a celebration of our positive qualities. Still not thrilled about my handwriting but happier with this attempt at lettering than the last page.

No comments:

Post a Comment