Sunday, January 5, 2014

Life Book 2014 - Inner Artist Guardian

Artist Guardian

This is the first project for Life Book 2014, the Inner Artist Guardian.  She is the protector of my artistic freedom and is there to protect me from my inner critic.  Through a guided meditation we were also led to discover our colour for the year.  I was very surprised to find my colour was orange as it's not a colour I ever really use, nor wear.   I was not at all surprised to discover that my word for the year is forgiveness!

This year for Life Book I decided to do all my work in a Strathmore Mixed Media journal.  The page is prepped with gesso and then drawn with graphite and coloured with Caran d'Ache watercolour crayons. The above is a scan of the original, for the life of me I could not photograph it without the reflective elements taking over!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment