Saturday, September 1, 2012

Christmas Crafting! Challenge: Traditional Colours


Candy Cane Tag


We're back!  We took a break for a month at Christmas Crafting!, but now with September here I have already seen fruit mince pies in the grocery stores which means the wind up for Christmas is beginning.

Candy Cane Tag


Our sponsors this month are Lilly Of The Valley, who make the most adorable rubber stamps.  They were kind enough to provide the design team with a few images to work with, and our challenge this month was to use traditional Christmas colours.  


Candy Cane Tag


I love projects that are quick and that use up my scraps, and this fit into both categories!  The images are coloured with copics and then cut out by hand.  I used a circle punch and some nesties to create the backing out of Kaisercraft papers.  The whole thing is then taped to the candy cane using tissue tape.  It came together in a snap and would make a great project for kids.

Thanks for looking, and if you haven't done so yet now is a great time to start your Christmas projects.  Before you know it we will be wondering where the time has gone and be rushing around trying to get everything done in time!

3 comments:

  1. I saw in your archives the 'mouse in a matchbox' and I am having a problem finding it.

    Could you please share the pattern. I love your version.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's the link to that post, enjoy! :o)

    http://morganisedchaos.blogspot.com.au/2011/07/christmas-mouse-ornament.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Morgan, I just love these bears. I have them myself and to be honest never thought of using them for Christmas - they look fantastic. Hugs Em xx

    ReplyDelete