Sunday, January 1, 2012

Beary Christmas Easel Card


It's been two and a half months since I sliced the end off my thumb, and finally that bandage is off!  There's still some healing to be done, the thumb itself feels like it has a mega case of the prunes, like it's been sat in water this whole time.  It's very sensitive to touch, and any pressure on the pad still brings discomfort, and after being bandaged straight for 10 weeks the tendons have shortened and it's hard to bend, but the bandage is off!  And that means I can start picking up some crafting tools again *doing-the-happy-dance*
The January challenge for Christmas Crafting! is to make an easel card, and boy it feels good to be able to contribute again this month.  I still don't have all my dexterity back so I had to limit myself to something fairly basic, but this gave me the perfect excuse to go through my stash of "Card Buddy" cards from Aimee Asher Crafting

Card Buddy's are sold as a set of downloadable files that you print on your own computer.  You cut them out and assemble them to create cute-as-can-be cards in no time at all.  Best of all they are under $2.00 each, which is less than the cost of a generic Hallmark card, and you get to print off as many as you want, and always have them around for last minute emergencies.

At first I felt a little guilty at doing something so 'easy' but then I thought, you know, we all start somewhere, usually with limited supplies, or limited time, or limited capabilities for various reasons, and why should that stop us from being creative? You shouldn't feel guilty about making something that is quick and easy, because at least you are making something!

Anyway, that's it from me today, it feels sooooo good to be blogging again.  I won't be back in force for a little while yet, but it felt amazing just to be able to do something!

Happy New Year everyone, may your year be a creative one!

5 comments:

  1. So lovely to have you back this month hun! Great card....fab templates, fab design too! Must have a look...stop tempting me lol! Happy new year!x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw this is lovely! Happy New Year. Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great day to come back.....I've missed you! Your poor ickle thumb....glad it's on the mend....and you put it to great use.....this is adorable! Looking forward to many more creations from you this year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love your creation...he is too cute. Amazing how just the tip of your thumb can affect you so much. I hope it continues repairing and that you are able to use it more and more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is an amazing easel card....wow! Hugs from sunny South Africa, Sharon

    ReplyDelete