Monday, August 29, 2011

Witches Shoe Treat Holder

Witches Shoe


Materials:
shoe template from Skip To My Lou
FREE halloween digi paper from here
black card
adhesive

Tools:
scissors

This project has everything I love.  It's cheap as chips, no die cutting machine or dies necessary, just a printer, some card and a pair of scissors.  The template is free, as is the designer paper I used.  It's super simple to put together, making several would be fairly painless which makes them ideal party favors.

I printed the patterns onto the thickest card that my printer will take, and cut both out.  I then used this as a template to draw around to cut one shoe from black card and one shoe lining from the designer paper. Score on the lines indicated and glue to secure.  It really is as simple as that!  The longest part was creating the template, once that part is done I reckon you could whip up several of these in no time at all.

I've gone for a Halloween theme, but with some red glitter you would have a pair of shoes Dorothy would be envious of, or you could use white card for a bridal shower favor, or bling it up for a twenty first.  You could of course add a lot more embellishments than I have, a tag, some paper lace, rhinestones, buttons etc, but I love that these look great even with just a simple bow.


Witches Shoe
Mmmm candy corn!  so good, but hard to get here in Australia, and expensive!


2 comments:

  1. wow what a great and fabulous shoe morgan, thank you for the site for the template.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is ace...would make great decorations for a Halloween party!x

    ReplyDelete