Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Poorly Chester Get Well Card

Poorly Chester

Images:
Poorly Chester from Pollycraft

Papers:
Kaisercraft "Prairie Lane"
AC Cardstock Lagoon: Weave

Pens and Inks:
Copic Markers
silver gel pen
white gel pen
red gel pen

As I was doing my morning coffee, catching up on the blogs I like to check in on, I found this post on Paper Canteen Creations.  In summary:

My brother's dear friend and former roommate, Ryan, was involved in an accident on a Saturday afternoon in April 2011 in New Orleans, while riding his bike to meet up with friends.  The facts of the accident remain unclear but Ryan did sustain a brain injury.  As a side note - Ryan moved from CA to NOLA after Katrina to live there and help/work with the relief efforts to help the citizens of NOLA rebuild.  Ya...he's an amazing young man.  

So - what am I asking of you?  I'm asking you to think of him, send blessings, prayers, white light, love and healing (however you manifest those thoughts and feelings) in the form of cards to send his way.

I am such a softie for good causes, and already regularly contribute to Angels for Hope, I just couldn't resist whipping up a get well card to send off.  There is also a very, very generous thank you pack being sent out by the organizers to all who participate and send in a card.  Visit the link for full details, the mailing address for the card and instructions.

The adorable Chester available at Pollycraft is cute, but not girly cute, so great to put on a card for a male.  The brown and blue tones coupled with the clean and simple design are also suited to a masculine card.  The tip of the thermometer is coloured with a silver gel pen for a metallic feel, likewise the 'mercury' in the thermometer has been touched with red metallic pen.  Although you can't really tell in the photo, the thermometer has a coat of Glossy Accents to make it look like glass.  As a finishing touch I reinforced the white dots on Chester's eyes with a white gel pen.

This sweet little card is on it's way to Ryan, along with all the white light and fluffy bunny energy I could muster!  :o)

3 comments:

  1. Oh Morgan this is simply FABULOUS!! I love the image and I know Ryan will too!! It's so sweet, cute and lovely!! Thank you so much for supporting this cause. Ryan is a fabulous young man and I know that all of this crafty love he will be receiving will help him during his healing journey.

    Your digi pack will be on it's way to you shortly!!

    Hugs my friend!
    Meredith =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this to morgan, what a sweet image he is adorable.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card, what a fab image! Hoping Ryan starts to get back on his feet soon...this will definitely help, he sounds very inspirational xx

    ReplyDelete