Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Joy Christmas Tag

Joy Tag

Technique:  Papercrafting

Materials:
grungepaper ornament base
600gsm card stock
glue
Antique Royal Coat
embellishments
Tim Holtz Distress Inks:
* Vintage Photo

Tools:
Tim Holtz Alterations:
* Tags and Bookplates die
Sizzix Big Shot
scissors
paintbrush


A few days back I showed you how I made the crackled grungepaper ornament.  The post is here in case you missed it.  

Today I am going to use the ornament to create my version of Tim's tag:



First off, here is the link to Tim's ornament, and his step by step instructions.  I haven't really deviated much in the way of technique, the main difference is I have chosen to use a few different materials.

The backing paper I used is a sheet of vintage Christmas decoupage paper which I aged with some antique Royal Coat (same stuff as Modge Podge), and then gave it a light sand and a white wash (literally a wash of watery white paint to lighten it).

I wanted to do something a little different with the cracked ornament also, so I sanded it lightly.  The sanding causes fine white dust, which falls into and fills the cracks, causing the white contrast.  I love this effect, it really brings out the cracks.

Joy Tag Closeup

No comments:

Post a Comment